Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An update

Wow! I have been a very bad blogger lately. This may just be the longest I have ever gone between a post. I have been very busy trying to paint our living room and now get our home back into some type of order. I still have to paint the wooden blinds and rehang them, plus I have some work to do on our curtains and then they will be rehung. Whenever I am finally done with all of that I will post pictures. I also have pictures from our family trip to the Villages water park that we made to celebrate the end of summer that will be coming soon...I know, I know the suspense is KILLING you (note: tons of sarcasm), but you will just have to wait until I have more time.

We found out yesterday that my grandmother passed away, We knew it was coming and she has had hospice coming in for several weeks. However, the finality is always hard and seems sudden. My mother is a school teacher so we are thankful that this all happened before the new school year started and she will probably be back to greet her kids on the first day. My older brother Jason (also a teacher/coach) has been so fantastic during all of this and he has been with my mom the entire time. He was with them when she passed away and has helped make all the arrangements. I am so thankful that he was able to do this with her. I can't imagine my mother having to do it all alone. I decided it was best to stay back since where I go 3 little ones also go and that is not always helpful. Jason (if you even read this), I cannot thank you enough! You have always had such a big heart and you are so dependable when we need you! I thank God that he gave me you as a big brother!

I was able to go to Dallas several weeks ago and see my grandmother, which was good. I took the kids with me for one last visit. It was a little hard to leave and say goodbye because it was the first time I have had an experience like that when I knew that would likely be the last time I saw her, but I thank the Lord for that last visit, that last kiss, and the last time to say I love you. It does help give me peace. Well, I just wanted to update quickly and let everyone know I am still here and I do plan to reenter the blogosphere soon. Here a few pictures from our last visit. Please keep my family in your prayers over the next few days...especially my mother and Pete, my 97 year old step grandfather.


1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Praying for you and your family!