Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dreaming...Hoping...Satisfying

God has been whispering this sweet truth in my ear over the past few days. It is the truth that He will be my satisfaction and my dreams! Dreams are good, they give hope for the future. I love to have dreams, ideas, plans, desires. They give me purpose.
I was at church on Sunday and we were singing the song titled Lord, reign in me. I was singing along and we got to the part that says:

Lord reign in me
Reign in your power
Over all my dreams
In my darkest hour
You are the Lord
Of all I am
So won't you reign in me again.

We have sang the lyrics to this song many times, but something hit me different this time. See how it says over all my dreams...it has been a process but as I make my often pitiful attempt to follow Him and give myself to Him, He changes me. He takes away desires and replaces them with Himself and He breathes new life into my dreams. As I sang that I had to stop for a minute and just be. I was overwhelmed by the weight of the Lord working in my life, changing me, shaping me.

The sermon was on Psalm 103. We kind of skipped passed the verse that just jumped off the pages at me. Here is part of the Psalm:

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

See the part about satisfying your desires with good things and renewing your youth. God whispered to me again...I will be your satisfaction and your dreams. It has been a journey over the past 5 years or so, but I have true joy, true hope, and true purpose that has come from knowing my Lord. I have excitement and hope in regards to what the future holds, the unknown path that the Lord has for me and my family. The one that will satisfy my desires with him and keep me young and energetic as I look forward to the work the Lord has for me. The opportunity to be a part of the bigger picture.

Last night was our Perspectives class and the Speaker (who was a seminary professor from DTS) walked us through the story of the Bible. Not the many separate stories, but the big picture the main point of the entire book together.from Genesis to Revelation. He then invited us be a part of the story. To participate in the mission of the Master to bring Glory to Himself. We already know the ending. We know He is Victorious. Is there anything else truly worthy of my time? I want to be a part, how about you? I desire to see how the Lord will continue to satisfy my desires and renew my youth as I attempt to accept the privilege to play a part in HIS STORY!

No comments: