Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cheers

Ahhh! We made it home. I may be weird but I think that my favorite part of a trip is how much I look forward to normal life at home after it. I mean don't get me wrong, we had a good time. We saw family and friends we don't see all that often. We had late nights visiting and my kids received too much attention and too many stories from their grandparents and their aunt.



Aidan had a few days to wrestle with some adorable and super sweet boys (I even caught Becca putting Aidan in the choke hold a few times) when we visited Trace's long time best friend and his family. We reconnected with this sweet couple over stories and laughs while the kids played and then while they slept. We took the kids sledding and survived a fit of hysteria after Becca was taken out by a fellow sledder on the mountain in Albuquerque.





We had a good time. We always do, but it is nice to get back to life as we know it. So for the next two days we will work to get the kids back in some sort of routine with nap time and decent bedtimes worked in. We will put away the tons of stuff we traveled with. We will take down the Christmas tree, decorations, and lights. We will go to the store and restock the fridge and pantry. We will get back to normal for our family and after the stresses of traveling with little kids, normal sounds fabulous to me! I always appreciate my life after the chaos of the holidays and travels. So for me, I will begin this new year thankful for the normal mundane life I live, filled with smiles and giggles from my kids, good conversation with my husband, and sweet friends and family to share it with.
***While we were in Albuquerque, we stayed with Laurence (Trace's best friend) and his wife Brianna. They are a fun and lively couple. Brianna is an amazing photographer who is pretty much self taught. She was so sweet to do a photo shoot for us while we were there. If you know anyone who lives in, around, or even travels through Albuquerque, NM you need to forward them her info so they can have her do some pictures for them. Check out some of the pictures of our family on her blog. They are on two separate posts.
Happy New Year! Here's to the everyday!

4 comments:

Hannah E. said...

We're also in Holiday/Extended Family Detox the next few days. Hopefully we'll soon see you on the other side. Normal sounds good right about now. So does uneventful. Even boring.

Also...I didn't know Andrew had RSV!!! How is he now?

Christa Hagler said...

Yes, He did have RSV. I spent the Saturday before Christmas at the Urgent Care Clinic waiting to be seen to receive the diagnosis of an ear infection. I even asked about his breathing and was told he sounds fine. I followed up with our pediatrition on Wednesday and discovered he had RSV. He was pretty sure it had started by that Saturday based on my description. He was starting to get better at the point we saw the doctor and he is fine now.
I am actually going to the doctor today for Aidan. He had what appeared to be an asthma attack on Saturday before we left. It was pretty scary, but he is better now also. I just want to know what to do in the future. Can't wait to all be well!

Hannah E. said...

That doll is called Baby Annabelle...she's at Toys R Us. I really liked it! I mean, like I could have played with it all by myself. =)

LOVE the pictures of your kids in the snow, by the way!

brianna saban said...

it was sooooo noce to see you all.
your kids are very sweet and special.
thanks for spending a few days with us during your travels.

see you next year?

~b