Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A GLORIOUS START...

This has the makings of a glorious day! I am sitting at the computer, in my pj pants, typing away. We normally go to BSF on Wednesdays, but I noticed a rash on Andrew's legs last night and he has a cough and runny nose. I was leaning toward missing, so this morning I snuck into the boys room, flashlight in hand (so I wouldn't disturb the sleeping angels), and looked to confirm that yes it is still there and yes we will be missing. Rebecca woke up about 7:30 and quietly watched cartoons, Andrew woke up about 8:00 and I snuggled him in my lap while I fed him his bottle. Then Rebecca cuddled up with us and we rocked for about 20 wonderful minutes. Aidan finally stumbled out of his room about 9:00. The kids ate and I chopped up vegetables and threw our dinner in the crock pot (which is the best feeling in the world for me, to basically be finished cooking dinner by 10:00). This morning has been so laid back and casual that I was able to drink 2 cups of coffee, while they were still hot. You have no idea how rare this is...I usually do not even get to finish one before it is cold. So now, Andrew is napping and the other two are playing school in the living room ( I just heard Aidan reprimand his 2 year old sister for scribbling rather than coloring and for that she would not receive a sticker...after many tears and some intervention from mom he gave her a pink sticker and now life is better again). It brings so much joy to my heart to see or hear my kids enjoying one another, no matter how brief those times may be.

Sometimes God knows just what we need and rather than a morning full of bible study with other women He decides it is more fitting and needed for a mom of 3 to have a lazy morning at home, enjoying her kids, having some snuggle time, finishing a couple cups of coffee, and savoring the goodness of life. I absolutely have to share these two blog post (here and here) that I stumbled across this morning. They brought tears to my eyes as I read and was reminded of the joys that come from having little kids snuggled in your lap, reading books, singing songs, all the laughter that comes from a full home. I am so blessed to be in the middle of this season of my life. There are days that simply cannot go fast enough, there are struggles in having little kids, but there are many, many joys! Moments I wish I could store in a little box and revisit over and over again. Times I know I will miss when they are gone. So for today, I will try to be in the moment with my kids and treasure them.

And one final note...just because I want to brag on the baby who is changing daily!!! He started sort of scooting/crawling across the floor just a bit. I saw him doing this for the first time yesterday (when I came in the nursery to pick him up after working out at the gym...I swear I can't leave this kid for a second!!!). I am very saddened by this new development, I don't want my baby to grow up yet. Our world is about to change yet again. We will soon have 3 mobile kids...that can produce a little fear in a momma.

No comments: