Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Tiny Bit of what we have been up to...

Hi there my dear friends! I have missed this blog of mine and I am committed to catching up a bit in the next few weeks, but since it is easier to start back with a light, surface, post I decided to post some of the changes we have made on this house of ours. We have now been here since June of last year and we have repainted every room other than one (not counting the laundry room, but that doesn't count right? I mean who wants to spend anymore time than necessary in that room). If you have any recollection we moved to this house, because it was cheaper and would help us to pay down our debt (you can read about that here). It did need quite a bit of love though. We have tried as inexpensively as possible to give it that love and I thought it would be fun to post some before and after pics. Here they are for your viewing pleasures:

Our Kitchen the first time I saw it

Our Kitchen when we moved in with new floors

The Final Product
The upper cabinets are antique white and the lower are a brown.



Here is the breakfast nook the first time we saw it.

And here it is now:

The Living Area is connected to the kitchen/breakfast nook. Here was a prior to moving in picture:
And the other side



And this is what the walls have looked like much of the time we have been here...that wallpaper was torture to remove!
Here is a finished picture. Of course I could list about 5 more things I would like to change, but I won't point them out. I think it is quite the improvement.

Here is another view

And one last look


Well, that is about it for this room. I still have plenty more to show you, but this will wet your appetite, right? And maybe just putting something up here will get me started once again. Look for me again...hopefully soon.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, those are big changes!! I love it all!

McFarland Family said...

Your home looks beautiful!! Do you have your own tv show coming soon? :)
I'm amazed you did all this while living and homeschooling in it!! And excited to read all your new posts, I was wondering if you had given up blogging.

Bless you and your precious family x Rebecca