Did I bore you to death with my strand of catch up posts? Taking a break on the blog from December to July can leave for a bunch of gaps that need to be filled in. We have actually had some pretty big changes headed down the pipeline and I did not feel completely ready to share those here until a few important steps had been taken. That made it hard to write here at all.
So what is going on? We will be pulling out of our driveway on August 30th and moving to South Texas. We will be joining To Every Tribe Ministries to receive training through the Center for Pioneer Church Planting. The training will take two "school" years to complete. We will spend 40% of our time on the "field" training in Mexico and Papua New Guinea and the remaining 60% of the time is classroom training. Upon the completion of training it is our desire to work with an unreached people group, likely somewhere in Mexico or in PNG, but possibly in a newly identified region.
Over the past 3 years we have been lead by the Lord to have a desire to plant churches in regions where no churches exist. The Lord has taken our desire to know Him and follow the path He has for us and has knit our hearts closely with His desire that all the Nations know Him. He has done this through many instruments, but in particular He has used the church we attend (Grace Community Church ), His Word, and through a class called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement that was hosted by our church along with 2 other local churches. We have come to see and believe that not only are people lost apart from the gospel (though we believe this to be true), but also that Jesus Christ is worthy of worship from every tongue and tribe.
We met the founder of To Every Tribe when he came to speak at Perspectives in the Fall of 2008. After that night we made plans to visit Los Fresnos the following summer to learn more about the ministry and spend time with staff members and other missionaries. We were amazed at the way our hearts seemed to be knit together.
The vision of To Every Tribe is to bring about the worship of Jesus among people who have no access to the gospel. This is achieved by earning the right to be heard and presenting the gospel in ways that make sense within the native culture. Everything To Every Tribe does is intentionally committed to identifying, engaging, and reaching the remaining people groups who have never heard the Gospel. Currently, To Every Tribe is engaged with unreached people groups in Mexico and Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Trace has given his notice at work and his last day will be August 5th. This is one of the things that has kept me from feeling I was able to share on here what we will be doing. We have been raising support for the past several months and at our last update (at the end of June) we had raised approximately 60% of our monthly support. We continue to be awed and amazed by the faithfulness of the Lord to answer our prayers and provide for us. He is involved in the small and the large details. He is Good. We have a wonderful body of believers that are rallying around us and supporting us financially, emotionally, and spiritually.
If you are interested in supporting us through prayer or financially you can contact me an I can let you how to do that. We will be mailing out monthly updates complete with prayer requests so please leave me your email address if you would like to be added to that group. Your prayers are invaluable to us. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
And they sang a new song saying
"worthy are You to take the book and break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation." Revelations 5:9