Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Hagler Family Christmas Miracle

AIDAN CAN RIDE HIS BIKE!!!!!! Some other six year olds have been doing this without training wheels for months now, but Aidan would barely even ride his bike with the training wheels. I was beginning to doubt if we were ever going to be able to teach him how to ride. I hadn't really pushed it, but I was hopeful to see some renewed interest in the bike. Well, it happened on Saturday and he got in no time!
I was outside finishing with our lights and Aidan pulled out the bike for the first time in months. I told him I liked seeing him on it and in a few minutes he told me he was ready to practice riding without training wheels. I said OK and next thing I knew he was eagerly riding down the street.
It has made me think about how he potty trained also. We worked at it really hard for about a week before I gave up in exhaustion. A few months later he asked me if he could go potty, I put him on and that was it. He got it. I guess that is just the way things are with this boy...a new skill will not be mastered until he is good and ready.
Aidan, I am so proud of you! You did great! You were so determined and brave.
I love you, my sweet Aidan!

No comments: