Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Works for me - Easy Shredded Chicken Meat

I don't normally participate in carnivals...in fact this is the first time. Who knows maybe it will be a new thing for me, or maybe just this once. However, I was so excited about getting a bunch of simple, fast recipes that I decided I should share one as well and let all of you know where you can get a whole slew of other easy recipes.


Cooking is great fun in theory, but at my house it usually involves things like a one year old pulling up at my feet (or just crying at my feet) while my other kids decide this would be a perfect time to play chase through the already cozy kitchen we have. If things happen to be calm then I can almost guarantee that someone will desperately need that game up on the top shelf that hasn't been played with in a year, or will have a sudden unquenchable thirst, or some other gigantic emergency. I have come to rely on fast easy meals or my family just isn't going to get a meal for dinner. With that being said this is one of my favorites because it is yummy, versatile, and easy.


Here it is:
Shredded Chicken
4-6 chk breasts
1 can chk broth
1 package of taco seasoning
Mix all together in the crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low. At end of the day shred the chicken with forks. You can use this to make chicken tacos, nachos, put on a salad, or make quesadillas.
This is also one of my favorites to deliver as a meal for family and friends. I just add the stuffings and tortillas and it is ready to eat.


If you want more easy (5 ingredient or less) meals head on over to Rocks in My Dryer and snoop around this edition of Works for Me Wednesday.

1 comment:

Ame... said...

I am so glad you posted this recipe! It was a huge hit when you brought it to us when Blake was born! I will have to make it soon...Mike will be excited!